Community Learning Center (HOST)
The Seattle Parks and Recreation Community Learning Center (CLC) at Washington Middle School aims to bridge the gap between communities and schools, by creating programs that are culturally relevant and reflective of the community we serve.
The WMS CLC offers the following seasonal programs:
- Huskies Out of School Time (HOST): Fall-Winter and Spring
- Parks Academy of Learning Summer Program (PALS)
Programs will run after school from 3:45 pm-5:15 pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday & 2:30 pm-4:00 pm on Wednesdays. There is no HOST on Fridays.
Program Dates for the 2022-2023 School Year:
- Session 1 Activities: October 11th – January 19th
- Transportation will not be available during the 1st week of the program.
- Session 2 TBD
- If registrations exceed class maximums, students will be placed on a waiting list
Students cannot attend HOST the same day they submit their form; HOST Staff needs at least two days to confirm student schedules.
Contact the CLC Coordinator, Paula Pablo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-849-9203 with any questions. See you after school!
The CLC’s guiding values are to:
- Create opportunities for youth to develop positive relationships with peers and adults
- Strengthen the connection youth feel to their school and community
- Assist youth in building new competencies and skills