3/3 WMS Weekly Bulletin
As I’m sure you know, SPS will be unable to support the TAF model next year. Due to lower enrollment, SPS is facing a district-wide deficit. Central Office is reviewing every program and position with the best interests of our students in mind, while also being fiscally responsible. We are thankful for their service. Washington Middle School will still be here and we will continue to serve students this year and every year the BEST way we know how: by being brave in our deeds, being empathetic with those around us, maintaining a safe environment, and being tenacious in facing challenges. Thank you for being understanding in this challenging time for our school community.
For more information, see the letter posted on our website here: TAF Update for Washington Middle School – Washington Middle School (seattleschools.org)
Attendance Policy Reminder
We urge you to report any absences for your student promptly, in accordance with the district policy. This will help us maintain accurate attendance records and avoid any confusion. Our Attendance Specialist cannot change any attendance records without valid reasons or prior notice. If you have any questions or concerns about your student’s attendance, please contact us at 206-252-2604 or email@example.com. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Spirit Week Next Week
Students are encouraged to represent their spirit by dressing up for each of the designated days. There will also be a student v. staff soccer game on Friday, March 10. Go Jr. Huskies!
- Monday – PJ Day
- Tuesday – Squad Day (Dress up with some friends or teachers or anyone else.)
- Wednesday – Anything But A Backpack Day (Bring all your stuff from school in something other than a backpack – a fishbowl, a shopping bag, a moving box! No people, please.)
- Thursday – Culture Day (Come to school representing your family’s heritage!)
- Friday – WMS School Spirit/Purple and Gold Day
Spring Sports Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do to join?
- Get a packet and fill out the paperwork and physical. Return them to your coach or Mr. Townsend in Room 7.
- Can I practice without paperwork or physical?
- NO. You may not attend or watch any practice until your paperwork and physical are with your coach or Athletic Director.
- When do practices start?
- Track: March 17
- Volleyball: March 20
- Boys Soccer: March 21
- Who are the coaches?
- Mr. Ritchie, Room 121 (Track)
- Mr Ahmed, Room 132 (Boys Soccer)
- Ms Lewis, Room 125 (Volleyball)
- Mr. Townsend, Room 7 (Athletic Director)
- Can I join late?
- March 29 is the last day for any new players to be considered.
- Where can I get my physical at school?
- You can get one in our Kaiser Health Center as soon as possible. You can find out more information here: https://washingtonms.seattleschools.org/resources/school-nurse/student-wellness-center/
- What about Ultimate Frisbee?
- Ultimate Frisbee is run by HOST with Coach Xtehn and you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make it a great weekend and we will see you on Monday.
Washington Middle School Administrative Team