Seattle Parks and Recreation Community Learning Center (CLC)
The Seattle Parks and Recreation Community Learning Center (CLC) at Washington Middle School aims to bridge the gap between communities and school, by creating programs that are culturally relevant and reflective of the community we serve.
The WMS CLC offers the following seasonal programs:
- Huskies Out of School Time
- Parks Academy of Learning Summer Program
Huskies Out of School Time, or HOST, is the WMS afterschool program managed by the Seattle Parks and Recreation CLC. HOST operates Mon-Thurs from 3:25-4:55pm. The winter session will run January 23 – May 25. HOST offers a range of academic, recreation, and enrichment programming. Academic clubs are available 4 days a week in a variety of homework help, mentoring, and math clubs. Enrichment classes include knitting, cooking, robotics, music and more! Snack and school bus transportation home are provided.
Registration for HOST classes begins in January. Registration forms will be available in the WMS main office and the CLC office, Room 105.
- Forms should be returned in the purple box in the WMS main office
- Students cannot attend HOST until their schedule has been confirmed by Ms. Marissa; Students will receive a yellow letter in their Period 6 class confirming their HOST schedule
- Students cannot attend HOST the same day they return their form; Ms. Marissa needs at least one day to confirm student schedules and one week to confirm students are routed on the activity bus
Contact the CLC Coordinator, Marissa Rousselle, at email@example.com or 206-252-2562 with any questions. See you afterschool!
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/wmsclc
The CLC’s guiding values are to:
- Create opportunities for youth to develop positive relationships with peers and adults
- Strengthen the connection youth feel to their school and community
- Assist youth in building new competencies and skills