Huskies Out of School Time (H.O.S.T.)
HOST is the WMS after-school program (2:30-4:00 PM, M-F) managed by Seattle Parks and Recreation staff, Mr. Ty Edwards, at WMS. HOST offers a homework center Monday through Friday, as well as reading, math, science, and writing classes. Additional enrichment classes such as art, dance, cooking, drama, robotics, chess, music, fitness etc. are offered Monday through Friday. Students sign up for HOST classes near the end of September, and may continue to enroll as the year progresses. Transportation is available for those who qualify. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Edwards at email@example.com or call him at 252-2562.
Class Cancellation Policy
- When a class is canceled, students will be called into the Huskies Out of School Time office to contact and notify parents.
- Students will need to attend the homework center unless parent permission is obtained for an early release.
- A robo-call will be sent home to the students families to inform them of this cancellation.
- Fee-based sessions that are canceled will be rescheduled by the instructor within the remaining semester.
October 29 and 30
November 11, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28
H.O.S.T. Policy for Homework Club
- The homework club will allow students the option of supervised time in H.O.S.T., after the school day ends to do their homework before returning home. This will assist them by providing a quiet and suitable atmosphere in which to spend time at their homework.
- The students will be supervised doing the homework that has been prescribed by their own class teacher with the tutor provided.
- Direction will be offered to the students to assist them in completing their homework.
- The final responsibility for checking the student’s homework rests with the parents/guardians. The supervising tutor will not be responsible for checking the homework of any student upon completion; this remains the responsibility of the parent.
- If the student finishes their homework before the time has elapsed they will be encouraged to engage in work related to their school work such as reading, math or studying.
- If the student attends Homework Club without homework for 3 consecutive days, the parent will be contacted, and other options will be considered along with discussion if the student should continue homework club.
- Material or activities not related to school or homework will not be allowed.
- The schools normal discipline code will be observed at all times.
The fall session of HOST will begin on Monday, October 6, 2014 and end on December 12, 2014. Forms below are required for HOST participation:
Huskies Out of School Time **NEW FALL** Program Registration Form
Huskies Out of School Time **Music** Program Registration Form